5. Writer’s Block: The dreaded Writer’s Block! Enough to scare any writer into permanent retirement. Instead of retirement just consider a retreat from your writing.
4. Don’t Expect to Make a Fortune: Did you seriously think you’d get rich doing this? Write for the joy. If you make a living from it pat yourself on the back.
3. Don’t Go for Broke: I know you want to circulate your manuscript to everyone but it’s better to be selective. Target the right agents/publishers and keep more of your money in your pocket.
2. You’ve Become What You Feared: You’re a writer living in your parent’s attic. Keep heart, you might still make it.
Now for number 1 Pet Peeve………Drum roll please……..
1. The Rejection Letter: Remember it makes you tough like the skin of a rhino. If only you could grow a horn and charge at your critics.